Friday, July 1, 2011

Finding Rizal in Makati






Since I am now doing a great job of becoming an amateur freelancer (hint: sort of bum), I reckoned I must take it to the next level and that is to expose myself more in the things that I really like such as the culture and the arts. I am not that well-off to fund my sort of extravagant interest but luckily, I found some events that would perhaps tickle my fancy, and the good news is that they are all open to the public. Yes, free. One of which was the pedestrian galleries found in the underpasses of Makati City. They are mainly displayed to commemorate the 150th birth anniversary of our national hero, Jose Rizal. I had the chance to come across them during my side trip along Ayala Avenue last June 13.


You can find some of the artworks below. I took them using my cellphone, so bear with the grainy or blurry pictures. I opted not to include captions because I surmised it would be better if you can craft one for each of them, respectively. That would be more challenging, wouldn't it?


Now for those who are looking for Rizal these days, apparently, I found him in Makati!


And for those who are still looking, like what these pieces of art convey, if you just open your eyes and see the real picture , you can find Jose Rizal almost anywhere.


Or better yet, find him in your one and only Filipino soul.













No comments:

Post a Comment

Share!