Monday, November 21, 2011

Musings: OST- Breaking Dawn Part 1 (Deluxe edition)


I have been hearing rave reviews about the original soundtrack of the last part of the Twilight saga- Breaking Dawn, well in this case, part 1. Admittedly, I haven't watched the movie yet. Why? Because a) I am not a fan b) I haven't read the book c) I haven't watched all of its film adaptations d) all of the above? Hmmm. You know right? ;]

Well, even if I'm not a fan, or like any of the things stated above, there's no denying that I crave for good music. So, I might as well check this one out. Track listing anyone? Here ya go!


So, you see pop kids like Bruno Mars and Christina Perri are also on the OST. Interesting! While we don't initially think that they'd be included in the roster of artist who would be included in this soundtrack, they obviously have the pulling attraction for their fan base to go and grab a copy, regardless if they worship this film or not. Turns out, both the fans and not-so fans, love their It Will Rain and A Thousand Years. These songs have the unmistakable, sentimental melodies and lyrics that are sure combos to win the heart of the Twilight fans and romantics out there- cheesy and catchy altogether.

Kevin Teasley's Eclipse (All Yours) is light music for the ears. Relaxing! Aqualung and Lucy Schwartz's Cold is haunting and the harmony/slash/blending lingers so as Imperial Mammoth's Requiem on Water. While some of the tracks are slow, the others were upbeat: Theophilus London's Neighbors, The Belle Brigades' I Didn't Mean It, Noisette's Sister Rosetta (2011 version) among others.

It makes you want to sit back, and lets your mind wander and drift into the fantasy - the vampiric love affair and bloody melodrama- that are only seen during Breaking Dawn.

P.S.
There were times when this reminds me of the Grey's Anatomy OSTs
Oh and I know, we absolutely dread the Edward on the cover!! Haha


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share!