Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Ramblings: Meryl wins @ NYFC 2011

And so, the awards season has officially begun! Thanks to the Twitter updates courtesy of the New York Film Critics awards! I was on my way home, about to start writing scripts for our episode when my dear friend Streeper updated me through SMS that Meryl won for her Margaret Thatcher portrayal in The Iron Lady. What a spazz! In fact, I'm now writing about her instead of doing that script. Haha.

On another note, this seems to be a terrific sign for Meryl's journey to finally get her third Oscar, seeing that she has been robbed of this honor, too many times already!

Anyway, I also found out that Brad Pitt and Jessica Chastain also won Best Actor and Best Supporting Actress, respectively, for their performances in Tree of Life (not just that though for Jessica... No wonder. Anyway, remember this: "Where were you when I laid foundations to the earth?")

Gah, anyway, here's the list of winners:

Best Foreign-Language Film: A Separation
Best Actor: 
Brad Pitt (Moneyball, Tree Of Life)
Best Actress:
 Meryl Streep (The Iron Lady)

Best Supporting Actress: Jessica Chastain (Tree Of Life, The Help and Take Shelter)
Best Supporting Actor: Albert Brooks (Drive)
Best Nonfiction Film: Cave Of Forgotten Dreams
Best First Feature: Margin Call


Here's where I got the info.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share!