Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Ramblings: Let's Get It On!!!


Okay, just so you know, I'm not about to write something about boxing or that bloody UFC fight! Haha. Though, that write-up might be in the pipeline! 

Let's Get It On, perhaps according to an urban dictionary, signifies the start of a bout. But ask that to Marvin Gaye, and he'll give you a different, dare I say, 'sexier' perspective! Hmmm. Just to provide you a lil something from him and this term, here's a link (IKR, from Wikipedia)

The first time I heard this song I was so smitten that I had to listen to it over and over again! It's a sweet and sensual music to the ears. It calming! Very sexy, as well! It doesn't help that I had to repeat the scene from which it was used as a background music from the Nancy Meyers' movie Something's Gotta Give starring Jack Nicholson and Diane Keaton. And wait, did I tell you that it was about-to-make-love scene? ;)

Then I heard comedian Jack Black sing this in the 2000 Stephen Frears's comedy drama High Fidelity, starring John Cusack! (heck that film has a lot of music to offer!!) Then, again, I fell in love with it all over again! You can watch Black on the video clip above! You might want to grab the film's OST, to listen to the full song, sang by Black himself! 

Ya ready?

Let's get it on!

P.S.
Might add a musing about the OST of High Fidelity soon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share!