Saturday, March 7, 2015

Book Launch: Stupid is Forever by Miriam Defensor-Santiago at Trinoma

#latepost #so2014

Finally, I found the photos I took during the launch of Miriam Defensor-Santiago's newest book "Stupid is Forever" in National Book Store, Trinoma last December. 

It was a riot!! Everybody wanted to be in the same room as The Madam Senator! I don't normally expose my fan-girl tendencies but that day I couldn't help it. Imagine... I went to Trinoma earlier than expected-- way before its opening time...several minutes before 10 in the morning, which to a night owl like me is torture. Aww!

I don't normally (make it never) wait outside the mall for it to open, which I realised is a habit of some Pinoys. Don't you notice some kababayans waiting outside SM malls, etc to open? I don't know why (I know it's none of my business), but they do it. Anyway, there's always a first time for everything. 


I arrived at Trinoma dumbfounded, upon seeing there was a long queue near the entrance. Really, everyone knew and went out of their way for this?? Yes, I was not alone who's filled with excitement to meet Her. Apparently, this was a foreshadowing of a Miriam frenzy about to occur.


I, and the rest of the citizens of this republic who are active on social media, found out about it through the Senator's official Facebook Fan Page. The announcement implied that the meet-up was on a first-come, first-served basis. The first 200 attendees would have a chance for a "photo-op"with her, provided that they buy her book on the event. The first 100 got the signed ones (!!) I wonder what it --the signature on the book-- looked like. I was number 160-ish. That was after I made a successful sprint -- to me, a spontaneous cardio-- that looked like I was on a chase scene in World War Z. I got out of it alive, though.
It took quite a while, hindi pa naman inugat ang legs ko sa pila... but she appeared anyway around 1 in the afternoon. Everyone was cheering, some were even screaming her name. That day, it was like meeting Miriam The Rockstar

Sayang, wala akong autograph from her. 
Dala-dala ko pa naman yung isa niyang libro from way way back: A Frabjous Day.
Sayang, hindi ako naglakas nang loob, tulad nang iba, na makipag-selfie. Sana kinapalan ko na lang yung mukha ko. Eh di sana lumevel up ang bragging rights ko.
Sayang, wala akong backer at kontak sa loob. Ni hindi namin siya ma-guest sa show kung saan isa ako sa writers. 

Pero, okay na rin. Stupid is Forever nga 'di ba?
Whohooo!
Below are some snapshots.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Share!