Monday, April 6, 2015

Ramen Nagi SM North Edsa




A few weeks ago, I finally had the chance to try RAMEN NAGI! I've been a Ramen fan ever since I've tasted the selections at Taisho, which I found quite delisyoso and budget-friendly. Well, compared to its rivals, Taisho is definitely cheaper. You get your money's worth, anyway.

I had a friend who worked and stayed in Japan for a number of years and he claims that Ramen Nagi has one of the best-tasting Ramen in the country, one that is at par with what he had at Japan. I took that as a great endorsement.

It's probably safe to say that Ramen is one of my comfort foods especially when it's rainy. But even if the sun is out, there are times when you just have to satisfy your cravings and I did just that and urged my friend to accompany me to Ramen Nagi SM North Edsa. Wanderlust din siya meaning lakwatsero, and for that I'm so glad! Or probably, wala siyang nagawa. That's what friendship does. Ha! Ha!

One thing that's strikingly different with Ramen Nagi as compared to its usual competitors is the "customisation" part. If you've been to some milk tea houses like Serenitea or Chatime, then you're familiar with customising your drinks: sugar level, sinkers, etc.

In this case, as seen above, we were handed the menu containing the house specialties and selections and then we had to fill out a form which contains the details and specifications of our order: soup base, toppings, extras, drinks, etc.




I tried the limited king edition, which exact name totally escapes me now. Ugh! Was it curry?? My friend ordered the Butao King and I guess he was fine with it, judging by the happy face he had when he tasted it.

I guess what's exciting about the Ramen Nagi experience is feeling entitled and "owning" your Ramen, just the way you want it. That way, you won't have to blame anyone if your Ramen doesn't suit your taste. We often do that in other restos, right?

Worry not, if you're not familiar with Ramen because you can always consult the staff with what their bestsellers are and what to go with the selection.



I noticed, too, that the crew was very warm and accommodating. And they attended to our needs right away, cheerfully. I love that in just about any establishment I go to. Of course, the customer relations in Starbucks is always a benchmark. Great PR. And I wish we could have more of that kind of purchasing experience in our country. Yung feeling mo, your right as a customer is always a priority in their business.





I had my ramen the way I wanted it. The soup was rich and a bit spicy, the meat was tender. For almost half a thousand pesos, I believed it was worth it. Also, in my opinion, good for two people ang isang order.

I know I would want to return to Ramen Nagi.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Share!