Sunday, June 9, 2013

Wanderlust: Sagada, Philippines


My hands are full at the moment so it could probably take me a while to finally publish that long-overdue Wanderlust blog about my Sagada trip. It was one of the, if not the most,  adventurous trip I've ever endured in my life, so far. To be spelunking, trekking on rice paddies, waterfall-chasing and adventure-hunting with total strangers are activities totally foreign to me but even those not-so comfy activities did not hamper my lakwatsera cravings. Ha!

Also, I said a big "YES!" to this trip because I wanted to be away from the hustle and bustle of the city, where the working populace basically render themselves slave to their careers. Aminin!

I wanted an escape and alas, that was the chance. So up to the mountains, I went.


Basically, I took advantage of my "break" at work, after parting ways with my Mother Show- the show that launched my writing stint on that small screen. Silly me, I still believe in perceiving "signs", which I thought were the universe's way of telling me that "the force" sides with me.



Here's what I realized days after I got back home from my trip:

Am home. I look back in the week that was: several firsts encounters, countless adrenalin-pumping adventures and numerous "crazy-beautiful" scenarious which tested, and even stretched, my comfort zone.

I really am at awe...

It's the inconceivable enormity of the universe and life's endless possibilities that fascinate me.

Sagada. Bontoc. Banaue.

Photography. Roadtripping. Friendship.

I look back with great pride in doing things other people think I couldn't do. Things that I, myself, thought I would never ever try...

But I did. And "worth it pala."

Yes, better a life of danger than to live it in timidity.

I'd rather be anything than ordinary, I guess.




More photos soon. Kahit paunti-unti, nakaka-update naman. Di na rin masama. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share!