Saturday, June 11, 2011

Eargasm: Every Teardrop is A Waterfall, Coldplay (2011)




Like their previous hit Viva La Vida, Coldplay’s new single Every Teardrop is a Waterfall screams to be as triumphant-sounding, with its uplifting pop and rock 'n roll arrangement.

Guitar-driven melodies, perceptible oomph and layered harmonies are steered by Chris Martin’s incomparable voice. When he croons, /I turn the music / I got my records on / I shut the world outside until the lights come on / Maybe the streets alright / Maybe the trees are gone / I feel my heart start beating to my favorite song,”  he obviously enthrals us into this melodic elation and pulls us within its magical world.

Ending in a percussive note, a sense of repetition can work as the alluring sound of Coldplay does it again with pretty melodies and escalating guitar work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share!