Thursday, October 17, 2013

Bdays and all

You know what would make me smile on my birthday?

To know that I could go on that day without ever having to worry about work, or hounded by deadlines and pressured to read and answer the emails. 


To know that I'm going to be spending the day with the people I love and do what we want to do together, without minding to answer a single call or text message when my phone rings.


To be remembered by people who are close to me, and those I hold dear in my heart, and read their genuine, heartfelt dedication, some of which are perhaps sent the moment the clock strikes midnight that day.


And if you're still reading this now, a handwritten letter or greeting from you is more than fine a birthday gift! Call it a fan sign if you like, haha!


I thank heavens, I caught up with the generation that considered writing letters is not a bore! I was fond of doing that and my friends are witnesses...! Haha.


But Im quite sad to know that my generation is soo tamad. Or effortless. IDK, I just probably miss receiving letters, or that feeling to see one's handwriting on paper and his/her thoughts on it.


I hope this act does not die, the way Newsweek stopped publishing printed versions and eventually sticked to digital editions.


I just want to receive a handwritten letter on my birthday, thats it. Hahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share!