Sunday, February 12, 2012

RIP Whitney

Wow. Life is short. You must have probably known by now that The Whitney Houston had died, at 48. Like I said, life is short. Just the other day, I was singing Saving All My Love For You. Just the other day, my colleagues and I were watching Whitney concerts. Just the other day I was watching Maya Rudolph impersonate Whitney on Saturday Night Live (that memorable and hilarious Betty White episode). Then today, I woke up with that news.

I am not a Whitney fan but I know several of her songs. And I sing  them. And I even have her Greatest Hits and Million Dollar Bill albums. And I love The Bodyguard. And I.............

Wow. It's amazing how everything can be recognized once you're gone. Did you know that Whitney is the most-awarded female act of all time?  But did you also know that she DOES NOT have a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame? 

What I'm saying is. You think you know, but you have no idea. We really think that we have all the time in the world to do all we want, how we want them, when we want them. Really? Only time can tell.

I just wish before our time is up, we had spent the moments wisely- to know other people more, to accept ourselves more. And enjoy life. Live while we are in it.

RIP Whitney Houston
(August 9, 1963 – February 11, 2012)












1 comment:

  1. I agree - must remember to finish all the things on my life-wish list. By the way, I've got you down as a Versatile Blogger - hope it makes you smile!

    ReplyDelete

Share!