Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The Bill and the idea

Honestly and admittedly, I am not a devout Catholic. I don't read the Bible every day nor have a perfect attendance in Sunday mass celebrations, or pray the rosary as frequent as possible. But I do think I know where to place my faith; I know to whom this faith belongs to -Him.

A couple of days ago, word got on the internet that some priests were dropping remarks about the Reproductive Health Bill. I've never read the reports yet, but certain Twitter posts have caught my attention. I came across tweets that the RH Bill discussion even touched the love life and marital status of P-Noy, that a man his age -over 40- is not already fit to get married, or somewhere along those lines.

Most of the posts pointed that the Church, through the priests, should not impose certain ideas to people; instead they should let them be, and if they find an individual's act offensive or immoral, they should at least enlighten that person, not judge them or cast them out.

I do believe that we're entitled to our own opinion. However, this freedom of expression is not absolute and being a member of the Church, we should know when the lines are getting blurred and  in the first place, identify where not to cross that line.

What I'm saying is that, we should not use the Church, our position or power to promote our personal beliefs in life. Stick to the code- no more or no less.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Share!